- Family Flurry of Fun Raffle! Each class has been asked to bring a basket for the raffle. The theme for the Middle School basket is “Chillin & Grillin”. Thank you to those of you who signed up to donate. WE STILL NEED ITEMS! Please go to this link to sign up https://www.signupgenius.com/
go/20F0F45A4AA28A1FE3- 46223704-raffle Please send in your donation by December 11th.
- Family Float: At the Flurry event we are trying something new! We want families to create a “family float”. Think like a small version of a parade float. This float should represent who your family is, what kind of things you like to do, and pictures. We would like your float to be able to move and be paraded around the black top. These will be voted on for most creative, most colorful, most entertaining and overall award. Please RSVP to acaoffice@
antiochcharteracademy.org by December 8th to ensure entry. See attached document for details.
- Second Yosemite Payment is coming due: If you signed up to do your payments in 2-3 installments, the second one is due by December 4th. Please don’t make us have to track you down! Thank you!
- Secret Santa: The students requested, and voted, to have a Secret Santa exchange in December. If you do not want your student to participate, please email us by December 1. If your student puts their name in the “hat” for the drawing, then they will need to purchase a gift between $10-25 for the student they draw.
Week 3- Renaissance Assignments- not inclusive; teachers may add additional assignments. In class assignments not finished during class will become homework.
- Vocabulary Work – Write the word and define it. Write one good sentence using the word. Complete word work on the word; due Thursday, quizzes on words – Fridays
- Writing – In a five-paragraph essay, explain the illustration/visual metaphor. Describe what it shows about changes in European life at the end of the Middle Ages that led to the flowering of arts and learning called the Renaissance. Essays will be peer-reviewed and edited. Submit the Final Essay on December 1st.
- Literature Book & Work: follow the pace chart for reading (The Vanishing Point).
- RJW & Reflection due Thursdays, quizzes on Friday
- Renaissance Project – Project Practice is on Thursday, November 30th. See attached documents
- Math (see Pace Chart) – assorted due dates; assessments on Fridays
- Science – Family Life (lectures, project, participation, journal) – assignments usually due on Science day