Today we introduced our new unit – Renaissance & Shakespeare. This unit will take us up to Winter Break. This unit is different from the last unit, where students will be working in groups of 3-4 on a Project Presentation, which will be presented to the class in December. Students will be given time to work on the project in class, but this will not be enough time – they must work on the project outside of school hours. Students will also have more class assignments with this unit, so you should see them working on assignments at home.
- A New Future ACA Student – we want to congratulate Mr. & Mrs. Stahler on the birth of their new baby boy, Oliver!
- Dozier Libbey High School Presentation: tomorrow, November 7th, a team from DLHS will be running a HOSA program for our students in the morning. Students should come dressed in clothes they can get messy in (think glue & glitter), and wear shoes they can run in (think heart monitor activities). Families are invited to come and observe from 9:30-11:30am. See attached document for the different activities the students will be doing!
- Make up Picture Day is tomorrow
- Report Cards will be emailed home next week.
- Last week of 1st Trimester electives! 2nd Trimester electives start on November 27th
Week 1 – Renaissance Assignments- not inclusive; teachers may add additional assignments. In class assignments not finished during class will become homework.
- Vocabulary Work – Write the word and define it. Write one good sentence using the word. Complete word work on the word; due Thursday, quizzes on words – Fridays
- Current Events –Find your article on Newsela or find an article online, but make sure it is an article. Make sure you include a link in your summary to the article; due Thursday
- Literature Book & Work: follow the pace chart for reading (The Vanishing Point). RJW & Reflection due Thursdays, quizzes on Friday
- Renaissance Project – Students picked group members and topics. Students should start assigning parts & researching. See attached document for topics/groups, requirements & rubric
- Math (see Pace Chart) – assorted due dates; assessments on Fridays
- Science – Physics Study Guide – students need to study using their study guide; Unit Final this week