- Middle Ages Banquet: As part of the students’ final for this unit, they will put on a Medieval Joust and Banquet. This will take place on Friday, November 3rd. Students will be given roles to perform, which will require them to dress for the part. We will also be sending home a SignUp Genius request for parents to provide food, drinks, and supplies for the banquet. Please look for this email sometime today.
- Middle School Dance at ACA 2 (CCC Fairgrounds): The ACA 2 Middle School students are hosting a dance on Friday, October 27th from 4-7pm, and our students are invited. Please see attached permission slip for details. Permission form is required to attend.
- Yearbook Elective Fundraiser – Candy Grams: The Yearbook Elective strives to earn enough funds to be able to pay, or reduce the cost, for a yearbook for each 8th grade student. This fundraiser will go toward this goal. See attached order form for details.
- Yosemite: We have 33 students and 10 adults attending our trip to Yosemite! Yipee!!
Week 5 – Middle Ages Assignments- not inclusive; teachers may add additional assignments. Classroom assignments not finished during class will become homework.
- Commonlit – due Oct. 20
- Middle Ages Project – due Oct 27 Each Civilization (Japan, China, Rome, Islam, Meso-American/Andean, Europe, and Ghana/Mali) will be assigned a section of our Middle Ages Museum, which will be open to all ACA students, parents, and staff.
Each Civilization Group (small/medium) will need to create at a minimum (10 museum pieces).
(2) projects for each: Geography, Political, Economic, Religious, and Social Structures This is approximately (2) projects per person. Archive projects must be brought to class for feedback before setting them up in the Museum on ARCHIVE DAY.
- Workshop: lecture on different writing styles, then practical assignments
- RJW (Crispin) – read required chapters then answer prompt question in your RJW journal; chapters read by Thurs, RJW & Reflections due Fridays; Literature quizzes on Fridays
- Math (see Pace Chart) – assorted due dates; assessments on Fridays
- Science – Physics (lectures, project, participation, journal) – assignments usually due on Science day
- Duolingo – 75XP due each week