- State Testing every day (M, T, Th, & F) this week! Please make sure your student is in school. It is easier on the student to take the tests with their peers, then making them up by themselves while they miss class time.
Week 5 – Archaeology
Students should be finished with their projects, and now should be rehearsing. See attached document for requirements. Ask your student to show you what they have done so far.
This Week’s Assignments/Homework: n
ot inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Crash Course: Create a document below and complete a thinking routine on this Crash Course: Mesopotamia: Crash Course World History #3; due Friday
- Writing 4/5: Write a letter to the donor in which you identify the archaeological site we should visit and persuade her that it is the correct choice. Be sure to support your opinion with concrete details and convincing commentary. Remember to include two-chunks in each body paragraph. Weave together if capable. Add transitional words to open and close paragraphs. Write an introduction with a good hook and a conclusion with all of the required elements. (Pay attention to lessons in class); due May 25
- CommonLit: Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance; due Thursday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science “EcoSystems”: participation & assignments; d
ue on Science day
- Archaeology Project: researching, creating presentation; presentation days assigned (May 23, May 30, June 1). Students need to be present on all 3 days.