Announcements (Important – please read):
1. New Units – Archaeology! (Humanities), Eco Systems (Science)
2. Cougars in Actions – this Thursday we are spring cleaning the campus/garden! If you are available to help (8:30~9:30am), please contact the office!
3. Going out to the farm has been temporarily put on hold. We will instead concentrate on our school garden. If you are interested in helping on the days we will be out there, please let us know and we will give you dates & times.
Week 1 – Archaeology
Students chose their groups and an archaeological site for their project. Some parts of the project they will work on in class, but the majority will need to be done outside school hours. See attached document for requirements. Ask your student which site they chose!
This Week’s Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Vocabulary: assignment due Thursday; quiz on Friday
- Literature Book: Wild Man Island by Will Hobbs; pacing guide, quiz on Friday
- Writing:Create a Poster of one Hominid Species and be ready to present; due Friday
- Current Events: Bring in three artifacts that are very meaningful to you and represent a major quality or aspect of yourself. These items must be brought in a paper bag, so that no one else in the class sees them. Bring your bag before school starts at 8:15 am. We will use these in an “in class” activity; due Thursday
- Current Events: Using the worksheet provided to you, interview one parent/caregiver and one grandparent/caregiver . If you can not interview one of each, then do what you can; due Friday
- Workshop: read assigned pages & complete assignments; due on Workshop day
- Young Author’s Portfolio: Start compiling your portfolio (see attached document). This is due before Young Author’s Night – May 10th
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science “EcoSystems”: participation & assignments; due on Science day
- Archaeology Project: picked groups & topics, beginning research. Practice presentations will be sometime the first week in May.