Announcements (Important – please read):
- 1. We still need kleenex!!! We now have a couple of extra boxes – thank you to those who donated – but we need more for the kids are going through them quickly!Please consider donating a box or two for our classroom.
- Donations Needed – Working Microwaves! We are down to 1 working microwave in our multi-use room! If you have a working microwave you would like to donate to the school, please contact Andi in the office. We could use 2 more! And again, please make sure it is working and in decent shape! Our students use them to heat up their lunches, and some of our cooking classes
- Our next “Farm Visit” will take place in our Garden. Visits to the farm in Pittsburg will resume in April.
Week 5: Social Entrepreneur & Shark Tank
This unit is a continuation of Human Centered Design (HCD). Students will now take their design from the HCD unit, continue to refine it – or create a new design – and then go through the process of creating a business. At the end of the unit, students will:
- Present their business to the class/teachers April 4
- Present to Shark Tank (community members) April 7
This Week’s Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Vocabulary: assignment due Wednesday; quiz on Friday
- Literature Book: Lunch Money by Andrew Clements; pacing guide
- Writing/Current Events: revising Business Plans, making sure all marketing materials are complete and ready to present.
- Business Journal: daily assignments; check ins on Friday
- Workshop: read assigned pages & complete assignments; due on Workshop day
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science “Body Systems”: participation & assignments; due on Science day
- Social Entrepreneur Project: working through requirements (see attached document); completed project due & ready to present April 4