Announcements (Important – please read):
1. San Jose Tech Museum is tomorrow, Tuesday, January 31st.
- Students & drivers need to be here at 7am. We are leaving campus at 7:15am, so don’t be late or you will be left behind!
- Drivers: Cachola, Bowman/Gochenouer, Hamlin, Taylor, Nakayama, Ferguson, Smith, Topete, Cisneros, & Cortez.
- Students & parents need to bring a sack lunch, unless you requested a school lunch. Lunches need to be labeled with your student’s name. We will eat our lunch during the Imax movie
- We will be back to the campus between 4:30-5:15pm depending on traffic.
- Students not attending trip, will spend the day doing Independent Study in the Intermediate class, or at home.
2. Panda Express Fundraiser this Friday. This is a nationwide event, so please share the link with family & friends. You must order online, and pick up at the restaurant. Go to this link for info: www.community-
fundraiser.com/virtual- fundraiser/events/promotions/ 2f172dff-c952-5ef4-f1d8- 8067a8435206/en/landing
3. Thursday & Friday are minimum days. If you were contacted for a conference, please make sure that you and your student attend (conferences are on Zoom).
4. Progress Reports will be emailed home on Friday.
Week 3: Human Centered Design
Students are creating a Multimedia project which is based on a “problem” and their “solution” for the problem. The project will be presented at the end of 6 weeks. Students will be required to create a prototype or model of their solution.
This Week’s Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Vocabulary: 8 words from your literature book; assignment due Wednesday, quiz & reflection on Friday
- Literature Book: read assigned pages (pacing guide); due Thursday; reflection due Friday
- Literature Book Quiz: design your own (week 3 & 4) – due Thursday; take quiz someone else’s quiz Friday
- Workshop: read assigned pages in class, or at home. Workshop #3: Create a T-Chart. Make a list of important facts found in your book on one side. For each important fact explain why you think it is important to learn on the other side. Create a full page; Due Tuesday
- HCD Journal: daily journal entries/assignments required
- Writing Assignment: in class
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, assignments; due on Science day
- Human Centered Design (HCD) Project: working through requirements (in class and at home); creating prototype/model, and presentation.