*San Jose Tech Museum: On Tuesday, January 31st we will be going to the Tech Museum for our Human Centered Design Unit. This trip will help solidify what students will be learning (Engineering, Inventions, Causes, Math, etc) in their classes.
Place: San Jose Tech Museum
Date: Tuesday, January 31st
Time: 7:30am ~ 5:30pm
Cost: $32 (both form & payment are due on November 10th) This is non-refundable.
Need: We need drivers for this trip. Because of distance & cost, drivers must be able to take a minimum of 4 students in their vehicle. Drivers must have Proof of Insurance (Declarations Page) showing $100,000/$300,000 liability coverage AND a copy of my DMV license on file at school. A Megan’s Law check will be conducted on parents who drive and/or chaperone.
Details: Students & chaperones will need to bring a sack lunch. The trip includes a lab, an Imax film, and time to explore the exhibits. The whole experience is tied into our curriculum.
Attached is the permission form (we have paper copies available in class). Please note, no late forms/payments will be accepted after November 10th. This is a firm date, for we must pay the museum by their due date.
*EE trips to Family Harvest Farm: If your student is going, please consider driving. Drivers need to be here by 9:40am, and we will return to campus by 12pm. Drivers need to have a copy of their 100,000/300,000 liability car insurance on file in the office, and a copy of their driver’s license on file in the office to drive (see attachment for an example). If you can drive, please let us know how many students you can take (minimum of 3). Students not attending the farm will do EE assignments at school.
Group C – to farm on November 17th – Still need drivers
*1st Trimester Report Cards will be emailed home on Friday, November 18th
*No School on Friday 11/11; Minimum days all next week
This Week’s Assignments (Teachers will assign additional assignments – students DO HAVE homework every night)
- Math – daily work (CPM, Khan, POD) & due dates, with assessments on Friday
- Science – create study guide for Final; Final on Nov. 17
- Current Events: assignment given in class; check with your student for due date
- RJWs (2 this week)- due Monday
- Freckle – Sit Ins; due Thursday
- Literature Book – read assigned chapters; due Thursday
- Literature Circle Work – due Thursday
- Workshop – assignments given in class; various due dates
- Human Civil Rights Project – Presentations begin on November 8th.