Head’s Up (reminders: 10/31 minimum day, 11/1 no school, 11/2 regular school day schedule)
EE trips to Family Harvest Farm: We need drivers for the November 17th trip. If your student is going, please consider driving. Drivers need to be here by 9:40am, and we will return to campus by 12pm. Drivers need to have a copy of their 100,000/300,000 liability car insurance on file in the office, and a copy of their driver’s license on file in the office to drive (see attachment for an example). If you can drive, please let us know how many students you can take (minimum of 3). Students not attending the farm will do EE assignments at school.
Group B – to farm this Thursday, November 3rd – we are ok on drivers
Group C – to farm on November 17th – still need drivers
San Jose Tech Museum: On Tuesday, January 31st we will be going to the Tech Museum for our Human Centered Design Unit. This trip will help solidify what students will be learning (Engineering, Inventions, Causes, Math, etc) in their classes.
Place: San Jose Tech Museum
Date: Tuesday, January 31st
Time: 7:30am ~ 5:30pm
Cost: $32 (both form & payment are due on November 10th) This is non-refundable.
Need: We need drivers for this trip. Because of distance & cost, drivers must be able to take a minimum of 4 students in their vehicle. Drivers must have Proof of Insurance (Declarations Page) showing $100,000/$300,000 liability coverage AND a copy of my DMV license on file at school. A Megan’s Law check will be conducted on parents who drive and/or chaperone.
Details: Students & chaperones will need to bring a sack lunch. The trip includes a lab, an Imax film, and time to explore the exhibits. The whole experience is tied into our curriculum.
Attached is the permission form (we have paper copies available in class). Please note, no late forms/payments will be accepted after November 10th. This is a firm date, for we must pay the museum by their due date.
This Week’s Assignments (Teachers will assign additional assignments – students DO HAVE homework every night)
- Math – daily work (CPM, Khan, POD) & due dates, with assessments on Friday
- Science – in class lab/assignments (becomes homework if they don’t finish in class).
- Current Events: assignment given in class; check with your student for due date
- Writing – PSA reflection; due Friday
- RJWs – due Fridays
- Literature Book – read assigned chapters; due Thursday
- Literature Circle Work – due Thursday
- Workshop – assignments given in class; various due dates
- Human Civil Rights Project – students should be making changes to their presentations based on their practice. Presentations begin on November 8th.