TODAY – Minimum Day, dismissal at NOON
Tuesday, November 1 – NO SCHOOL
Wednesday, November 2 – Burrito form with payment due (form is attached)
Thursday, November 10 – Minimum Day, dismissal at NOON
Friday, November 11 – NO SCHOOL
Halloween Party – TODAY
Today we will be playing games in one room and playing the movie Hubie Halloween (rated PG-13) in another room.
Electives: We want to take this opportunity to give a “Shout Out” to our wonderful 1st trimester elective volunteer: Jes Seaman. One of the reasons our school is successful is because of people like you who are willing to invest in our students!
- Believe it or not, it is time to start planning for our 2nd trimester (November 28 – March 10). Afternoon electives for our 4-8th grade students starts on Monday, November 28th, and run from 2:00 – 2:50 pm on Mon, Tues, Wed, & Thurs (Thursdays are for Intermediate students only).
- We are looking for adults who are willing to teach/supervise an assortment of activities. The elective program at our school is vitally important part of our curriculum. These classes offer students the opportunities to explore new areas of interest, opening their minds to new possibilities for themselves. Our hope is to offer at least 9 different options for students to choose from on each day. This is only possible if our wonderful ACA2 community volunteers to help!!
- Ideas for classes are: arts & crafts, sewing, language classes (ASL, Spanish, etc), sports (basketball, kickball, soccer, softball, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, etc), cooking, gardening, yoga, photography, drama, board games, extra work time, and the list can go on and on – teach what you enjoy!
- If you can donate an hour of your time, once a week for the next trimester, to help teach or supervise a class, please let us know ASAP!!! You can also team up with a friend to teach a class, and you do not need to have a student in the 4-8th grade classes to help!!
- If you are interested in teaching a 2nd trimester elective, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or let the office know by Friday, November 4th.
Outdoor Ed March 20-23, 2023
We are so excited to finally get to go to Outdoor Ed this coming spring! This program will be offered to students in the 5-8 grades. We will be attending the NatureBridge Golden Gate site in the Marin Headlands. Attached is an informational powerpoint about the program, their facilities, and what to expect. We are currently working with NatureBridge to finalize the cost for each student and chaperone, so please be on the lookout for that information shortly.
ABSENCES and TARDIES
Daily Attendance is expected: If your student will be absent, or tardy, please call the office at 925-755-1252, or email Middle School email@example.com and office firstname.lastname@example.org, before 8:00am.
“The Drug Enforcement Administration has issued a Public Safety Alert warning Americans of the alarming increase in the lethality and availability of fake prescription pills containing fentanyl and methamphetamine. The Public Safety Alert coincides with the launch of DEA’s One Pill Can Kill Public Awareness Campaign to educate the public of the dangers of counterfeit pills.” This includes the very dangerous Rainbow Fentanyl specifically being trafficked to children and young adults.
What Every Parent and Caregiver Needs to Know About FAKE PILLS
ACA2 School Counseling Website
School Counseling Informed Consent
Page Tracker: Students should have read 990 pages by this Friday 11/4
Book Talk/Review schedule for trimester #1: 11/9
Do 10 minutes of Language practice daily for a total of 20 minutes this week. To get to language practice, students need to select the language course from the books tab. Practice should automatically be assigned.
*MobyMax time will not be accepted any later than Sunday.
Language Arts (Monday)
Read AYPH Ch. 4 p. 1-4 stop at “Revolution in the Air”
No School (Tuesday)
Language Arts (Wednesday)
4 Column Notes assignment, gathering information for essay
Social Studies (Thursday)
Finish Notes on Ch. 3 (section 4-5), start notes on Ch. 4
Catch up on anything not finished this week. Have a great weekend!
This week we continue to answer the question, “How do human bodies change during adolescence?” Students will continue a web game called “Geniventure” to learn about genetics. We will learn about birth control this week. There is homework to discuss birth control that MUST BE COMPLETED with a parent or trusted adult. To verify that you completed it together, either sign the paper OR send me an email to let me know you discussed it together.
Did you know there are 4 different math classes in Middle School? Most in-class and all homework assignments will be posted in each math class Google Classroom. Paper assignments may be turned into the classroom and do not need to be attached to Google Classroom. In general, all students will have:
*a daily in class assignment, to be done in class, Monday to Thursday
*a daily homework assignment, due the next day, assigned Monday to Thursday
*No fact fluency this week
***Helpful email addresses. If you need to reach Middle School or any of the teachers, please use the following email addresses:
email@example.com – absence notes, responses to the newsletter, general questions, contacting Mrs. Ave
firstname.lastname@example.org – Mrs. McCutcheon, science or math questions
email@example.com – Mr. Hagan, language arts or social studies questions