EE trips to Family Harvest Farm: We need drivers for the trips. If your student is going, please consider driving. Drivers need to be here by 9:40am, and we will return to campus by 12pm. Drivers need to have a copy of their 100,000/300,000 liability car insurance on file in the office, and a copy of their driver’s license on file in the office to drive (see attachment for an example). If you can drive, please let us know how many students you can take (minimum of 3). Students not attending the farm will do EE assignments at school.
Group B – to farm on November 3rd
Group C – to farm on November 17th
8th Grade Girls Empowerment Event: this Thursday, the 8th grade girls will be going to the CCC Fairgrounds for a citywide event for all 8th grade girls. This event is sponsored by the Rotary Club & AUSD. Thank you to Mrs. Gochenouer for driving. We are ok with drivers for this trip.
This Week’s Assignments (Teachers will assign additional assignments – students DO HAVE homework every night)
- Math – daily work (CPM, Khan, POD) & due dates, with assessments on Friday
- Science – in class lab/assignments (becomes homework if they don’t finish in class).
- RJWs – due Fridays
- Language at Your Level (Freckle); due today
- CommonLit: read article and answer questions; due Thursday
- Writing: read timeline of the Holocaust with your group. Identify 10 events in your RJW. due today
- Literature Book – read assigned chapters; due Thursday
- Literature Circle Work – due Thursday
- Workshop – in class
- Human Civil Rights Project – students should be researching/learning about their topic, and putting together a slideshow to teach the class about their topic. Practice presentations on Tuesday, Oct. 25