- EE trip to Family Harvest Farm for Group A on Thursday, October 20th. We need drivers for this trip . If your student is going, please consider driving. Drivers need to be here by 9:40am, and we will return to campus by 12pm. Drivers need to have a copy of their 100,000/300,000 liability car insurance on file in the office, and a copy of their driver’s license on file in the office. If you can drive, please let us know how many students you can take (minimum of 3). Students not attending the farm will do EE assignments at school.
Group A – to farm on October 20thAbrilAlexanderAlyssaBritneyEmmyKarinaKevenKevinLillianLyricMalachiRosieSophiaTerry
- New Unit – Human Civil Rights. Students will take the next 6 weeks and learn about this theme. They will cover history (i.e. Holocaust) and current events both in the USA and Globally. Students will complete many assignments including a group project (ask your student what topic they chose), read literature books (ask your student what book they chose), and will take a optional trip to LA to visit the Museum of Tolerance.
This Week’s Assignments (Teachers will assign additional assignments – students DO HAVE homework every night)
- Math – daily work (CPM, Khan, POD) & due dates, with assessments on Friday
- Science (New Unit “Cells”)- in class lab/assignments (becomes homework if they don’t finish in class)
- RJWs – due Fridays
- Current Events – Summarize an article; due Thursday
- Workshop – in class
- Current Events – Kahoot; due today
- Literature Book – read assigned chapters; due Thursday
- Literature Circle Work – due Thursday
- Human Civil Rights Project – students chose their groups and topics today, and began researching. Ask your student what their topic is!!