- Study trip to Family Harvest Farm for Thursday, September 22. This is our first trip to the farm (1300 Power Ave, Pittsburg, CA). Students will be introduced/re-introduced to our EE Program. Students will need to bring a sack lunch for this trip (or order one from school), for we will eat lunch out at the farm. We need drivers for this trip or we won’t be able to go – only have 1 parent driver so far! Drivers need to be here by 9:30am, and we will return to campus by 12:45pm. Drivers need to have a copy of their 100,000/300,000 liability car insurance on file in the office, and a copy of their driver’s license on file in the office. If you can drive, please let us know how many students you can take (minimum of 3). Students need to have their permission slip signed to attend (DocHub).
- Dress Code for School: we expect our students to come to school ready for learning (their current job), and part of that is being dressed appropriately for their job. Please make sure your student is not wearing mid-drift tops, house slippers, t-shirts with inappropriate pictures or words, extremely short shorts/skirts, and shoes with no backs (slides, or crocs with no straps). We have had many conversations about all of the above including today (it has become an ongoing issue). Thank you for your help!
- Progress Reports: Be looking for your student’s progress report sometime this week. Progress reports will let you know which assignments have been turned in, or not turned in. These reports will be emailed home, and are to be used as a tool to help you have conversations with your student. If your student is missing assignments, they can still turn them in for credit until last week of the unit. Missing assignments affects their learning and report cards.
This Week’s Assignments (Teachers may assign additional assignments – students DO HAVE homework every night)
- Math – daily work (CPM, Khan, POD) & due dates, with assessments on Friday
- Science – in class lab/assignments (becomes homework if they don’t finish in class)
- RJWs – due Fridays
- Current Events – Watch the Ted Talk “The danger of silence”. Complete the Ted Talk worksheet; due Thursday
- Archive Projects (Current Events #2); assorted due dates, final projects due Sept. 26
- Writing: Personal Narrative peer review worksheet; due Today
- Workshop: Social Justice Acrostic: Identify one idea or concept that you feel is relevant in your lives, and create your own poem (or written word piece); due on their Workshop day (Tues or Thurs)
- Literature Book – read assigned chapters; due Thursday
- Literature Circle Work – due Thursday
- Additional Presentation Work: Kahoot (due Tuesday), Virtual Fieldtrip (due Tuesday)
- American History Project – students should be finishing up all their slides so they are ready to practice with a teacher. Practice presentation this Thursday, Sept. 15