- October is Walktober Month! Make sure you check the NETWORKings for details!
- You may have noticed an uptick on assignment load. Each new unit will bring new challenges as we continue to prepare your student for the next level. Students should have nightly homework!
Weekly Work (additional assignments may be added by teachers)
Vocabulary #2: do vocabulary work. Due Wednesday. Quiz on Friday
Humanism Journal: Students will keep a response journal for the Renaissance unit. Students will create at least three (3) entries per week. Finished journal is due Nov. 12
Current Events #2: On Monday get a topic and LA class entrance ticket from Mr.Fuller . Do some quick research (ask parents, family members, internet). Write two questions you have about your topic and bring it with you to class on Wednesday.
Writing #2-3: In a five-paragraph essay, explain the illustration/visual metaphor. Describe what it shows about changes in European life at the end of the Middle Ages that led to the flowering of arts and learning called the Renaissance.
Peer review and edit drafts this week. Do this before submitting the Final Essay on October 29.
Literature Book (The Vanishing Point):
1. Read assigned chapters by Thursday. Due Thursday
2. Do Reflection #2. Friday
3. Be ready to discuss chapters and do your assigned work for the Literature Circle. Due Thursday
4. Complete RJW #2. Due Friday
5. Quizzes on Fridays
Renaissance Project : Researching & creating a presentation. Practice on 10/26 (slides should be close to completion by practice)
Math: Daily assignments, including classwork & homework. Assorted due dates, & assessments are usually on Fridays.
Science (Space): Weekly assignments, including classwork. Assorted due dates
Passion Project: yearlong project with assorted benchmarks/due dates. Students are given an hour a week in class to work on this project. Ask what their focus is on. Ask your student how they are doing on the project!