- Today we introduced our new Humanities & Science Units! In Humanities we are moving from the Dark/Middle Ages into the Renaissance. Students chose their project groups and their topics – make sure to ask them what their project is on. In Science they will be learning about Space!
- School Picture Day is next Tuesday, October 19th. More information will be going home later this week.
- October is Walktober Month! Make sure you check the NETWORKings for details!
- Reminder: if your student is missing school for any reason, they are still responsible for turning in their assignments/making up assessments. Students should be checking their Google Classroom each day for updates/assignments.
Weekly Work (additional assignments may be added by teachers)
Vocabulary #1: do vocabulary work. Due Friday. Quiz on Friday
Current Events #1: Find an article related to our theme (RENAISSANCE or ART or any connection to theme-convince me-). After you read it, write a three-paragraph summary of the article. Due Friday
Writing #1: Respond to the following three prompts in a paragraph using complete sentences. The PowerPoint shown in class, our discussion, and your notes from class should serve as a good resource in responding to this prompt. Wait until you see the PowerPoint in class before you respond. Due Friday
- What period in history were Renaissance artists influenced by?
- Describe three ways Renaissance art resembles art from that previous period.
- Describe three ways Renaissance art was different from medieval art?
Literature Book (The Vanishing Point):
1. Read assigned chapters by Thursday. Due Thursday
2. Do Reflection #1. Friday
3. Be ready to discuss chapters and do your assigned work for the Literature Circle. Due Thursday
4. Complete RJW #1. Due Friday
5. Quizzes on Fridays
Renaissance Project : Project groups formed & topics chosen. Start researching.
Math: Daily assignments, including classwork & homework. Assorted due dates, & assessments are usually on Fridays.
Science (Space): Weekly assignments, including classwork. Assorted due dates
Passion Project: yearlong project with assorted benchmarks/due dates. Students are given an hour a week in class to work on this project. Ask what their focus is on. Ask your student how they are doing on the project!