Week 4: Humanities: Entrepreneur
Announcements (Important – please read):
- Shark Tank (Entrepreneur Project) is next week! Students will present their businesses to the class on Tuesday, May 18th, and then to the “Sharks” on Thursday, May 20th.
- Please check in with your student on how they are doing getting their assignments in all subjects done. Many of the assignments are part of their Business, and will need to be presented. They also have additional individual assignments which are also important. Please note: you may request a “progress report” at any time, and we will email it to you.
- Young Author’s Portfolio is due this Friday. This portfolio is a snapshot of your student’s writing over the year (or 2 years for our 8th graders), and includes a reflection on each piece they have chosen to include. Ask them to show it to you!!
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments maybe added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Literature Book: read assigned chapters; quiz on Fridays
- Vocabulary: vocab work – due Thursdays, quizzes – on Fridays
- Current Events #3-4: Send Out the Word (4 parts); due Thursday
- Writing #3-4: Create a Business Plan (multi part); due Friday
- Young Author’s Portfolio due Friday
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, assignments; due on Science day
- Entrepreneur Project: Students will present their businesses to teachers/classmates May 17/18th and to a “Shark Panel” on May 20th.
Middle School Tentative Schedules
M, T, Th, F (On Campus/Distance Learning. Distance Learners will tentatively follow same schedule, but may end up doing more independent work if on campus class is doing a whole group activity that cannot be done over Zoom):
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting/Group Work) – On Tuesdays/Fridays, no CM but Walk
8:20-10:10am Session 1 (Humanities, Math) – On Fridays this session will begin at 8:30am
10:25-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes), Freckle
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule (all distance)
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Alpha
8:00 – 8:30 – Music
9:00 – 9:55 – PE
10:00 – 10:30 – Art
11:00 – 11:55 – Personal Safety
Google Classroom Week Schedule Beta
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.