Week 1: Humanities: Entrepreneur
Announcements (Important – please read):
- New Literature Book, “Lunch Money”. Students were given a reading pacing guide, and will be quizzed on the assigned chapters on Fridays. Students who requested to borrow a book can pick them up in the multi- use room.
- Book Fair is coming April 23 – May 6. The fair will be online only again this year. Use the link below to shop starting April 23. Thanks for supporting our school and promoting a love of reading in our students.
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments maybe added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments/practice; assorted due dates
- Literature Book: read assigned chapters; quiz on Fridays
- Vocabulary: vocab work – due Thursdays, quizzes – on Fridays
- Current Events (2 parts): part 1 – find an article that relates to our topic and summarize it in 3 paragraphs, part 2 – explore website about social entrepreneurs and write 1 page summary of what you learned; both due Friday
- Famous Entrepreneur: group project – research a famous entrepreneur and create a poster to teach the rest of the class; due April 29th
- Business Journal: daily journal entries
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, assignments; due on Science day
- Entrepreneur Project: students will take their designs from the Human Centered Design Unit, and create a business plan around it. Students will present their businesses to teachers/classmates May 17/18th and to a “Shark Panel” on May 20th.
Middle School Tentative Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting/Group Work)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes), Freckle
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Beta
8:00 – 8:30 – Music
9:00 – 9:55 – PE
10:00 – 10:30 – Art
11:00 – 11:55 – Personal Safety
Google Classroom Week Schedule Alpha
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.