Week 6: Humanities: Human Centered Design; Science: Engineering
Announcements (Important – please read):
- The Literature Final took place today. Students wrote a Literary Review on the literature novel they have read over this unit. There are 3 Parts to this Final. Ask them what “theme” they chose, and how they felt they did on the final. If needed, they will be given time tomorrow, during Humanities class to finish.
- Project Presentations start on Thursday and will run each day until all 10 groups have presented and received feedback. This is a multimedia presentation, and will be presented live over Zoom.
- On April 8th, students will be introduced to our next, and last unit, “Entrepreneurs”.
- Several of our Cause Groups are currently running Fundraisers and/or Drives. Please check the NETWORKings for details.
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments maybe added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments/practice; assorted due dates
- Literature Book: Final is today
- HCD Journal: daily journal entries
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, assignments; due on Science day
- Human Centered Design (HCD) Project: Project Presentations will take place April 1, 2, 5, & 6 (if needed)
Middle School Tentative Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting/Group Work)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes), Freckle
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Beta
8:00 – 8:30 – Music
9:00 – 9:55 – PE
10:00 – 10:30 – Art
11:00 – 11:55 – Personal Safety
Google Classroom Week Schedule Alpha
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.