Week 2: Humanities: Human Centered Design; Science: Engineering
Announcements (Important – please read):
- Cause Groups: Pollution Solution’s Cookie Dough (and more) Fundraiser!
Our student-led group Pollution Solution is working to help the environment be a cleaner place! We are fundraising with Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Dough (& more!) to donate to Save the Bay, an environmental organization here in the Bay Area.
Click the link below to check out the different catalogues and order online!
You can order online and have non-frozen items delivered to your home, or pick them up at school along with your frozen treats on a designated pick up day. (TBD)
All orders due by March 12th!
Any questions, email Mr. Abe at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments maybe added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments/practice; assorted due dates
- Vocabulary: 8 words from your literature book + 2 from the Suffix/Root Lists; assignment due Thursday, quiz on Friday
- RJW: read assigned pages in Habits of Highly Effective Teens, then answer question (write at least 3 paragraphs): RJW #8 due Friday
- Literature Book: read assigned pages (pacing guide)
- HCD Journal: daily journal entries
- Writing Assignment: take research from last week, and answer assigned questions – this is a Team assignment; due on Friday
- Current Events: Case Study assignment; due Tuesday
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, assignments; due on Science day
- Human Centered Design (HCD) Project: groups have been formed; researching ideas for helping humanity, finding a mentor, and journaling
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes), Freckle
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Beta
8:00 – 8:30 – Music
9:00 – 9:55 – PE
10:00 – 10:30 – Art
11:00 – 11:55 – Personal Safety
Google Classroom Week Schedule Alpha
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.