Week 1: New Unit: Human Centered Design
This unit is different:
- Students will create a Multimedia project which is based on a “problem” and then coming up with a “solution” for the problem. The project will be presented at the end of 6 weeks. This project will require a mentor for each group. If you are interested in becoming a mentor for a group, please let us know! Students will also be required to create a prototype or model of their solution.
- In Humanities, students will “design” some of their homework for this unit. Ask them to show you their Vocabulary Assignment to see an example.
Announcements (Important – please read):
- Cause Groups: Pollution Solution’s Cookie Dough (and more) Fundraiser!
Our student-led group working to help the environment be a cleaner place is fundraising with Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Dough to donate to Save the Bay, an environmental organization here in the Bay Area. Fundraiser dates: February 22nd – March 12th. Contact any Pollution Solution member or Mr. Abe to order Cookie Dough & more! There will also be a catalogue and order form in the cafeteria when you stop by for supplies. Online ordering coming soon, be on the lookout for that link!
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments maybe added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments/practice; assorted due dates
- Vocabulary: 8 words from your literature book; assignment due Thursday, quiz on Friday
- RJW: read assigned pages in Habits of Highly Effective Teens, then answer question (write at least 3 paragraphs): RJW #8 due Friday
- Literature Book: read assigned pages (pacing guide)
- HCD Journal: create a HCD journal; daily journal entries
- Writing Assignment: research challenges human face & write an essay; due on Friday
- Current Events: find an article relating to our theme & design a way to summarize & teach it; due Thursday
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, assignments; due on Science day
- Human Centered Design (HCD) Project: groups have been formed; researching ideas for helping humanity, finding a mentor, and journaling
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes), Freckle
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Alpha
8:00 – 8:30 – Music
9:00 – 9:55 – PE
10:00 – 10:30 – Art
11:00 – 11:55 – Personal Safety
Google Classroom Week Schedule Beta
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.