Week 2: Archaeology (Humanities) and Cells (Science)
Announcements (Important – please read):
- You will notice that there is an uptick in assignments! For each new unit, middle school students will be expected to increase their learning. Continue to help support your student by giving them time to complete assignments, ask them how they are doing on their assignments, and encourage them to attend Extra Work Time, and teachers’ office hours to receive extra support.
- Middle School News (Community Challenge Groups): Hello ACA families! Thank you for all your support in our last fundraiser (Adopt a Family). We were able to purchase presents for several families in need in our community thanks to your donations!
Now we need your help in our next fundraiser! We will be fundraising for Shelter Inc by selling Candy Grams. Attached will be a link that will bring you to the form where you can purchase a candy gram for a friend, your child, and/or a teacher! You can pay for the candy gram through this Venmo: (Cassidy_Mac) or you can pay with cash/check in the ACA school office. Once you complete your order, the recipient will be notified through email that they were sent a candy gram. They will be asked to pick their candy gram up from the school. Thank you for your support!
All candy gram order forms & money need to be turned in by February 5th. Candy grams will be available to pick up from the 10th to the 12th in the multi-use room.
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments maybe added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments/practice; assorted due dates
- CommonLit: read & complete assignment; due Friday
- RJW (7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens) – read assigned pages then respond to question by writing 4-5 paragraphs #5 due Friday
- Vocabulary: definitions due Wed; quiz on Friday
- Current Events: Grandparent Worksheet; due Thursday
- Current Events: Create an Archaeology Tool book; due Friday
- Writing Assignment: create a poster of one Hominid Species including required information; due Friday
- Wildman Island: read assigned pages
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, activities; due on Science day
- Archaeology Project: Working on researching & creating powerpoint. Practice presentation on January 22nd (projects should be almost done)
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes), Freckle
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Beta
8:00 – 8:30 – Music
9:00 – 9:55 – PE
10:00 – 10:30 – Art
11:00 – 11:55 – Personal Safety
Google Classroom Week Schedule Alpha
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.