Week 3: Shakespeare (Humantities) and Family Life (Science)
Announcements (Important – please read):
- Students who choose to participate in the Secret Santa exchange need to drop off their gift at school TODAY (12/14). The campus is open today until 7pm (Pictures will be taken from 4-7pm)
- For this unit’s final, students need to memorize and perform a Shakespearean monologue/sonnet. The performance will take place this Friday, December 18th. To help celebrate the completion of the unit, we (the middle school staff), will be dropping off a gift bag to your front door on Wednesday. We will also drop off the Secret Santa gift (if your student participated). We will open the bags/gifts together, after the monologues are performed, so encourage your student to NOT OPEN the gifts until we do it as a class.
- Picture Day Today from 4-7pm (12/14)
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments/practice; assorted due dates
- Vocabulary Work (8 words each week); worksheets/Flipgrid due Thursday, Final on all 24 words on Thursday
- Current Events: Local Challenges/Causes: continue to design solutions for Change; assorted assignments (including journaling) & due dates
- CommonLit: read & complete assignment; due Wednesday
- RJW (7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens) – read assigned pages then respond to question by writing 4-5 paragraphs #3 due Friday
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, activities; due on Science day
- Shakespeare Monologue: memorizing (copy in your RJW several times, and practice it with assigned partners); students will present/act out their memorized monologue this Friday, December 18th. They will be graded on their presentation.
- Tempest: reading in class
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes)
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Beta
9:00-10:00 PERSONAL SAFETY
Google Classroom Week Schedule Alpha
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.