Week 1: First week of a new unit “Shakespeare”, a new trimester big concept “Design”, and a new Science unit, “Family Life’.
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments/practice; assorted due dates
- Vocabulary Work (8 words each week); worksheets/Flipgrid due Thursday, quiz on Friday
- Current Events: Local Challenges/Causes: Design Solutions for Change; assorted assignments (including journaling) & due dates
- Current Events: choose an article from Newsela that connects to Shakespeare or Community/Global needs, read & summarize (3 paragraphs minimum); due Thursday
- RJW (7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens) – read assigned pages then respond to question by writing 4-5 paragraphs #1 due Friday
- Writing/Literature Work: Understanding a Sonnet worksheet; due Thursday
- Duolingo: XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, activities; new unit, “Family Life”
- Shakespeare Monologue: choose a monologue and start memorizing it (copy in your RJW several times, and practice it); students will present/act out their memorized monologue at the end of this unit
This Unit: Starting today, November 30th, students will be going through & completing assignments in the book “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” by Sean Covey in Humanities class. This is an interactive book, so we HIGHLY RECOMMEND students purchase their own book, so they can write in it (ebooks are OK too).
Please make sure you purchase the correct book (here is an example: https://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly-Effective-Teens/dp/1476764662/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/132-2159679-8020914?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1476764662&pd_rd_r=c0d6b5c1-3a9a-491c-abf6-d6e1570bcca7&pd_rd_w=caQWE&pd_rd_wg=zJ7g7&pf_rd_p=ce6c479b-ef53-49a6-845b-bbbf35c28dd3&pf_rd_r=5AATNW5VG8QSPQ07C925&psc=1&refRID=5AATNW5VG8QSPQ07C925).
If you cannot purchase a book, we have books that we can loan out, but students are not allowed to write in them. Please let us know, and we will set aside a book for you, which you can pick up from the multi-use room
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Lunch
1-3pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes)
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Beta
9:00-10:00 PERSONAL SAFETY
Google Classroom Week Schedule Alpha
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.