Middle School Pick-up/Drop off Day this Thursday, November 18th from 8-3pm. Please return any borrowed literature books, and if you need to borrow a “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” by Sean Covey, let us know so we will have it ready for you. Mrs. Taylor (art teacher) will have clay available for the middle school students who will be starting clay after Thanksgiving break. Finished clay projects can be returned too, so she can fire them.
First Trimester Report Cards will be emailed home to you by this Friday, November 2oth.
Week 6: Last Week of Civil/Human Rights (Humanities), Body Systems (Science)
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments; due daily
- Current Events: Protest March Song activity; due Wednesday
- Human Rights Project Study Guide; due Friday
- Unit Final; Friday
- RJW (Read assigned literature book – record minutes, then respond to question by writing full page) #6 due Friday
- Writing/Literature Work: write full page reflection on election; due Thursday
- Human Rights Fiction Reading Log; due Friday
- Duolingo XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, activities; unit final due on science day
- Civil/Human Rights Project: be ready to present on your assigned day.
Next Unit: Starting on November 30th, students will be going through the book “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” by Sean Covey. This is an interactive book, so we HIGHLY RECOMMEND students purchase their own book, so they can write in it (ebooks are OK too).
Please make sure your purchase the correct book (here is an example: https://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly-Effective-Teens/dp/1476764662/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/132-2159679-8020914?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1476764662&pd_rd_r=c0d6b5c1-3a9a-491c-abf6-d6e1570bcca7&pd_rd_w=caQWE&pd_rd_wg=zJ7g7&pf_rd_p=ce6c479b-ef53-49a6-845b-bbbf35c28dd3&pf_rd_r=5AATNW5VG8QSPQ07C925&psc=1&refRID=5AATNW5VG8QSPQ07C925).
If you cannot purchase a book, we have books that we can loan out, but students are not allowed to write in them. Please let us know by Tuesday (November 17th) if you will need to borrow a book.
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Break/Lunch
1-2pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes)
2-3pm Electives (Middle School Students)
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Google Classroom Week Schedule Beta
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Alpha
9:00-10:00 PERSONAL SAFETY