Week 5: Civil/Human Rights (Humanities), Body Systems (Science)
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Freckle: do daily assignments; due daily
- Current Events:Intro to Civil Rights movement (quick research & complete “Movie Tickets”; due Today
- RJW (Read assigned literature book – record minutes, then respond to question by writing full page) #5 due Friday
- Writing/Literature Work: write full page reflection on election; due Thursday
- Duolingo XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, activities; due on day of Science class
- Civil/Human Rights Project: making changes from practice & video taping; due Thursday
Study trip – Virtual Guided Experience of the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, this Tuesday, November 10th (morning). Students will be given a special virtual tour of the museum. This tour ties into our current theme of Human & Civil Rights.
Next Unit: Starting on November 30th, students will be going through the book “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” by Stephen Covey. This is an interactive book, so we HIGHLY RECOMMEND students purchase their own book, so they can write in it (ebooks are OK too).
Please make sure your purchase the correct book (here is an example: https://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly-Effective-Teens/dp/1476764662/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/132-2159679-8020914?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1476764662&pd_rd_r=c0d6b5c1-3a9a-491c-abf6-d6e1570bcca7&pd_rd_w=caQWE&pd_rd_wg=zJ7g7&pf_rd_p=ce6c479b-ef53-49a6-845b-bbbf35c28dd3&pf_rd_r=5AATNW5VG8QSPQ07C925&psc=1&refRID=5AATNW5VG8QSPQ07C925).
If you cannot purchase a book, we have books that we can loan out, but students are not allowed to write in them. Please let us know if you will need to borrow a book.
Giving Back Opportunity on November 13th from 7:45- 3pm: The ACA Middle School Volunteer club is teaming up with Shelters inc to hold a Thanksgiving food drive. Shelters inc is a local charity focused on helping the Contra Costa County homeless population. All donations will be given directly to homeless families/people in need that Shelter Inc supports. Attached, you can find the list of donations! Please show your support and help feed others this Thanksgiving! If you need any other information you can contact email@example.com
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Break/Lunch
1-2pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes)
2-3pm Electives (Middle School Students)
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Google Classroom Week Schedule Beta
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Alpha
9:00-10:00 PERSONAL SAFETY