On Thursday, students will meet with one of the teachers, and present their project to receive feedback (practice presentation). We expect the projects to be completed by this date (every group member should have at least 7-9 completed slides they have done to show us). Please ask your student to show you what slides he/she has completed. Thank you!
Week 4: Civil/Human Rights (Humanities), Body Systems (Science)
Assignments/Homework: not inclusive – assignments may be added. Class assignments not finished during class become homework.
- Current Events: Propaganda Techniques (find an example, write paragraph explaining technique used, and be prepared to share in class; due Thursday
- RJW (Read assigned literature book – record minutes, then respond to question by writing full page) #4 due Friday
- Writing/Literature Work: introduction to portfolio
- Duolingo XP due Friday
- Math: CPM, Khan, POD, Exit tickets (daily) pacing guide with due dates, assessments on Fridays
- Science: participation, journal, activities; due on day of Science class
- Civil/Human Rights Project: researching and creating power point; practice presentation this Thursday, November 5th.
Special Guest Speaker (Zoom): on Thursday, Nov. 5th (morning), a Financial Advisor from MassMutual will be teaching our students about finances. Students have been learning about finances in Math, so this expert in the field will help bring the subject to a higher level!
Study trip – Virtual Guided Experience of the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, on Tuesday, November 10th (morning). Students will be given a special virtual tour of the museum. This tour ties into our current theme of Human & Civil Rights.
Giving Back Opportunity on November 13th from 7:45- 3pm: The ACA Middle School Volunteer club is teaming up with Shelters inc to hold a Thanksgiving food drive. Shelters inc is a local charity focused on helping the Contra Costa County homeless population. All donations will be given directly to homeless families/people in need that Shelter Inc supports. Attached, you can find the list of donations! Please show your support and help feed others this Thanksgiving! If you need any other information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Schedules (Distance Learning):
M, T, Th, F Schedule
8-8:20am CM (Classroom Meeting)
8:20-10:05am Session 1 (Humanities, Math)
10:15-12pm Session 2 (Humanities, Math/Science)
12 -1pm Break/Lunch
1-2pm Music Electives, Collaborative & Independent work, Read (45 minutes)
2-3pm Electives (Middle School Students)
Wednesday Enrichment Schedule
Google Classroom Week Schedule Alpha
8 – 8:30am CM
8:30 – 12pm Enrichment Work in Google Classrooms.
Live Zoom Meeting Week Schedule Beta
9:00-10:00 PERSONAL SAFETY