ANTIOCH CHARTER ACADEMY II
The mission of the Antioch Charter Academies is to facilitate academic and personal growth of TK‐8th grade students of all socio‐economic levels and ethnic backgrounds. ACA enables 21st century students to become literate, self‐motivated, innovative, lifelong learners, and compassionate, collaborative active citizens. We nurture and support a partnership of students, teachers, families and the community; embrace individual strengths; and build upon research informed educational best practices including Montessori, multiple intelligences, brain‐compatible teaching, and multi‐age groupings with small class sizes
To provide a learning environment where students of all socio‐economic levels and ethnic backgrounds embrace education, exhibit compassion, and accept personal responsibility
May 27, 2020
On June 3rd from 5-6pm we will be having a parade so students may say goodbye to the wonderful ACAII staff. All students and parents must stay in their cars. Your ACAII staff will be social distancing around the island on the mid-way. We will open the red gates for you to drive in on the right side and circle around the mid-way island then exit through the opposite gate you came in through. The school will be closed as all staff will be at the parade. We will not be accepting any school items at the parade so please plan to drop them off on May 29th or June 4th. Please keep the parade moving so everyone has a chance to see the staff.
If your child receives free or reduced lunches you may apply for help through the county to cover the cost of lunches for the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see this link for more information and to apply. You must apply by June 30th. https://ca.p-ebt.org/en/
We will be excepting any borrowed equipment on May 29th from 8-12pm. Please return it to the spot you got it from. The last day to turn in items that were borrowed is June 4th between 8-12pm. Please remember to return all items in the same or better condition you received them in or the fee for replacement will also be due.
Friday, May 29th is a Drop Off Day!-Remember your MASK Please.
Staff members will be on campus on Friday May 29th, between 8:00am and 12:00pm for drop off and pick up of work. Work for the next week will be available for pick up on Friday. Please remember to use the O St. entrance(Staff parking lot)when you come on campus.
* Completed work can be dropped off to each level. If your student hasn’t finished everything on their contract for the week, it’s ok to turn in whatever they are finished with so that teachers can start tracking their progress.
* Work can also be send to teachers electronically in one email. If you have a scanner at home, work can be scanned and emailed. If you do not have a scanner, your Android or iPhone has scanner capabilities and can turn a picture into a PDF!
* Packets of next week’s work will be available from Primary, Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School.
* If you didn’t pick up a packet last week, but would like to pick one up this week, please email your child’s teacher so that we can make one available!
* Chromebooks can still be picked up (or exchanged if it isn’t working). Please let your teacher know if you need one so that we can have one prepared for you. If your family has siblings and you need an additional chromebook, please let your teacher know.
*You can borrow PE equipment (located in the office).
*You can borrow classroom library books if your child needs something to read.
2019/2020 Dates to Remember:
- May 29 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies drop-off
- June 2 8th Grade Graduation
- June 3 Staff Parade 5-6pm
- June 4 Last day of school-Campus open from 8-12pm-All Supplies Due
2019 / 2020 Faculty
Ms. Peacock- email@example.com
Mrs. Hawley- firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Berkich- email@example.com
Mrs. Mariappan- firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Dubitsky- email@example.com
Miss Albertoni- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Gonzalez- email@example.com
Mr. Hagan- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. McCutcheon- email@example.com
Special Ed- SPED@antiochcharteracademy.org
Mrs. Willard- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Vela- email@example.com
2019-2020 Family Network Board
Chairperson: Annu Fuentes firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chairperson: Adriana Solorio email@example.com
Secretary: Sharron Scott firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Susan Cano email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator: Brandi Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Coordinator: Maria Strock email@example.com
Co-Fundraising Coordinator: Ashley Rice firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Coordinator: Sara Wall email@example.com
Co-Social Coordinator: Jillian Broussard firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Network Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/groups/acaiifamilynews/?ref=bookmarks#
Our Web Page–
Track it Forward-
Antioch Charter Academy II
1201 W 10th Street
Antioch, CA 94509