Antioch Charter Academy
Newsletter for Antioch Charter Academy/TLCS Families and Staff Volume 24, Issue 34, May 26, 2020
End of Year Dates & Details…
- Friday, May 29th (10-12pm): Drop off PE, Personal Safety, and Music instruments/equipment; pick-up art projects. Please wear a mask if coming on campus.
- Thursday, June 4th (10-12pm): Drive through drop off for all of the above + technology equipment (chromebook + accessories); pick up student’s personal items from classroom/lockers (will be bagged up)
- Thursday, June 4th (4-6pm): Parade to say good-bye to your teachers, plus another opportunity to drop off equipment/pick up personal items. See attached picture for driving parade route!
Dear ACA Family Network (that is all of you),
We, the staff, want to thank you for the logo tote bag, the notes & pictures of thanks, and the goodies you presented us with during Teacher Appreciation Week. We love working with your kiddos, and working alongside you too. Without a doubt, our school is the Best in the West!
We all wish you well,
Yearbook: Yearbooks can be ordered directly through Tree Ring and will be delivered to your home. This does require a small delivery fee of $2.99 per book. The cost of the yearbook is $25. (These prices do not include the shipping fee.) To purchase, please go to treering.com/101506720561403 and create an account.
Thank you to those who donated towards the cost of the yearbooks for our graduating 8th graders! Each 8th grade student will receive a yearbook at no cost to them.
If you have questions regarding yearbook photos or orders, please contact Mrs. Moon at email@example.com or the yearbook staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAMILY NETWORK (FN) NEWS & INFORMATION
The ACA Family Network is made up of ACA adults who volunteer for fundraisers and social events for the enrichment of our children. The money we raise goes back to our school for study trips, family activities, assemblies, and classroom supplies. If you have a child/grandchild/niece/nephew/
Family Network Events:
May 29th: Virtual Twin Day
June 4th: Fun In the Sun/Summer kick off Parade
- May 29 Campus open from 10-12pm; drop off borrowed PE Equipment & Musical Instruments; please wear mask if coming on campus
- May 29 FN Spirit Day – Virtual Twin
- June 3 8th Grade Graduation – drive through parade
- June 4 Last Day of School – campus open 10-2pm & 4-6pm for equipment/school supplies drop-off & personal items pick-up. See above for details
ACA Elementary – ACAElementary@antiochcharteracademy.org
ACA Intermediate – ACAIntermediate@antiochcharteracademy.org
ACA Primary – ACAPrimary@antiochcharteracademy.org
ACA Middle School – ACAMiddleSchool@antiochcharteracademy.org
ACA I & II Special Education – SPED@antiochcharteracademy.org
ACA Newsletter – ACANewsletter@antiochcharteracademy.org
ACA Memories – ACAMemories@antiochcharteracademy.org
VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
Our Vision To provide a learning environment where students of all socio-economic levels and ethnic backgrounds embrace education, exhibit compassion, and accept personal responsibility
Our Mission The mission of the Antioch Charter Academies is to facilitate academic and personal growth of TK-8th grade students of all socio-economic levels and ethnic backgrounds. ACA enables 21st century students to become literate, self-motivated, innovative, lifelong learners, and compassionate, collaborative active citizens. We nurture and support a partnership of students, teachers, families and the community; embrace individual strengths; and build upon research informed educational best practices including Montessori, multiple intelligences, brain-compatible teaching, and multi-age groupings with small class sizes.
Antioch Charter Academy is Fully Accredited for Grades K-8 by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges