ANTIOCH CHARTER ACADEMY II
The mission of the Antioch Charter Academies is to facilitate academic and personal growth of TK‐8th grade students of all socio‐economic levels and ethnic backgrounds. ACA enables 21st century students to become literate, self‐motivated, innovative, lifelong learners, and compassionate, collaborative active citizens. We nurture and support a partnership of students, teachers, families and the community; embrace individual strengths; and build upon research informed educational best practices including Montessori, multiple intelligences, brain‐compatible teaching, and multi‐age groupings with small class sizes
To provide a learning environment where students of all socio‐economic levels and ethnic backgrounds embrace education, exhibit compassion, and accept personal responsibility
April 28, 2020
Welcome our 2020/21 Family Network Board:
Chairperson: Sharron Scott
Co-Chair: Annu Fuentes
Secretary: Adrian Piagee
Treasurer: Andrea Clark
Volunteer Coordinator: Tracy TimTim
Fundraising Coordinator: Jes Seaman
Fundraising Co-Chair: Jessica Barney
Social Coordinator: Sonia Larsen
Social Co-Chair: Michelle Dotts
ACA2 Staff Appreciation-
This year with Covid-19 and shelter-in-place Staff Appreciation is going to look a bit different. Our social coordinators are going to be creating a giant scrapbook to show the staff our appreciation. We are asking you and/or your student to write/draw a cute message/picture to show your appreciation for our amazing staff. We have so many amazing people working hard at our school including:
*Lunch lady and Pupil Supervisors
And so on
With the current circumstances our preference would be if you can email your picture or message to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can upload a picture from your phone using Google Drive. If that is not a possibility for your family items can be dropped of in the office during Friday pick up/drop off.
Please help us create a memorable gift for our amazing staff!
It’s that time of year. Attached is the memory book order form. It can be turned in on Friday’s. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Each year, a team of parents publish our school Memory Book. This book commemorates the many activities, trips, and events that our teachers, students, and volunteers have participated in. The book will look very different this year due to the major shift in learning we have all had to make – but the team is still working hard to make it memorable!
Intent to Return
If you haven’t already done so please see the link below to fill out your intent to return form for the 2020/21 school year.
Scholastic Book Fair
We will be hosting a virtual book fair this year!
Even though our school is closed, we want the Book Fair to still be available for our students to get great books, especially during these uncertain times.
Online shopping is available April 27th-May 10th. Our school benefits from every online order. So please support the Book Fair and our school!
The homepage link is https://www.scholastic.com/bf/antiochcharteracademyii
If you have any questions, please contact Miss Berkich.
We have been getting questions about report cards. All grade levels are sending out report cards at the end of the year to reflect what the students have been learning during this distance learning time.
Friday, May 1st is a Drop Off/Pick Up Day!-Remember your MASK Please.
Staff members will be on campus on Friday April 3rd, between 8:00am and 12:00pm for drop off and pick up of work. Work for the next week will be available for pick up on Friday. Please remember to use the O St. entrance(Staff parking lot)when you come on campus.
* Completed work can be dropped off to each level. If your student hasn’t finished everything on their contract for the week, it’s ok to turn in whatever they are finished with so that teachers can start tracking their progress.
* Work can also be send to teachers electronically in one email. If you have a scanner at home, work can be scanned and emailed. If you do not have a scanner, your Android or iPhone has scanner capabilities and can turn a picture into a PDF!
* Packets of next week’s work will be available from Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School.
* If you didn’t pick up a packet last week, but would like to pick one up this week, please email your child’s teacher so that we can make one available!
* Chromebooks can still be picked up (or exchanged if it isn’t working). Please let your teacher know if you need one so that we can have one prepared for you. If your family has siblings and you need an additional chromebook, please let your teacher know.
*You can borrow PE equipment (located in the office).
*You can borrow classroom library books if your child needs something to read.
2019/2020 Dates to Remember:
- April 27-May 10 Scholastic Book Fair
- May 1 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
- May 8 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
- May 13-15 Walk a Thon
- May 15 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
- May 22 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
- May 29 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
2019 / 2020 Faculty
Ms. Peacock- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Hawley- email@example.com
Miss Berkich- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Mariappan- email@example.com
Miss Dubitsky- firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Albertoni- email@example.com
Mrs. Gonzalez- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hagan- email@example.com
Mrs. McCutcheon- firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Ed- SPED@antiochcharteracademy.org
Mrs. Willard- email@example.com
Mrs. Vela- firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-2020 Family Network Board
Chairperson: Annu Fuentes email@example.com
Co-Chairperson: Adriana Solorio firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Sharron Scott email@example.com
Treasurer: Susan Cano firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Brandi Lopez email@example.com
Fundraising Coordinator: Maria Strock firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Fundraising Coordinator: Ashley Rice email@example.com
Social Coordinator: Sara Wall firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Social Coordinator: Jillian Broussard email@example.com
Family Network Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/groups/acaiifamilynews/?ref=bookmarks#
Our Web Page–
Track it Forward- https://www.trackitforward.com/site/antioch-charter-academy-ii