Week #3 Extreme Earth (Distant Learning)
- Assignments for the week are posted in Google Classroom
- Zoom Classroom Lessons (see below for times)
- Math due
- Start reading chapters 7-9 in Nation; due Thursday
- Writing assignments due throughout the week – make sure to attend Humanities meetings.
- Zoom Classroom Lessons & Assignments(see below for times)
- Math due
- Classroom Meeting at 9am on Zoom
- Vocabulary #3 due
- Kindness Video (watch then respond) due
- Independent Enrichment activities (PE, Art, Music, etc.) are in Google Classroom. Enrichment teachers have given assignments/suggestions on these activities. They can all be done on Wednesday, or spread through-out the week.
- Zoom Classroom Lessons & Assignments (see below for times)
- Math due (see Google Classroom)
- 8:30 – 9:45 Office Hours
- 9:45 Quizzes for Humanities / Math will be posted in Google Classroom
- Science: watch assigned video on air pressure, take quiz, then find an example; due
- Passion Action Project Due (yearlong project); you have had a year to work on this project. It is now time to present it! Work with your group to share information in a visual format (recorded Zoom meeting, FlipGrid, SeeSaw, PowToon, etc). Show examples (pictures) of what you did (flyers, screenshots of Go Fund Me pages, pics of students hanging flyers, etc). Presentations should be 1-2 minutes long. Have a new passion??? Then share that one too!
- RJW #8 due
- Math due
- Work on Math/Writing/Humanities assignments, Project Presentations
- Current Events #3-4: working in a small group, students are to take the information from their research, write a series of articles -3 articles from each student in the group-(from the suggested list) and put together a newspaper on their natural disaster; 2 week assignment – due May 7th
- Practice Presentation: on May 8th, student presentation groups will meet with a teacher and present their Extreme Earth projects, and receive feedback. Groups will be assigned a Zoom meeting time.
Zoom Lessons & Teachers Availability
8:30 – 9:45 Office Hours (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday)
- Teachers are available during this time to check in with students and answer questions.
- Students need to sign on, respond to attendance question, and be prepared for Zoom lessons (ready to learn/ask questions).
9:45 – 12:00: Live Teacher lessons (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday)
All students should do one Math lesson and one Humanities lesson per day
MathCourse 2: 9:45 – 10:15Course 3: 10:30 – 11:00Algebra: 11:15 – 11:45Humanities (Choose one of these times that will be before or after your Math lesson)Option 1: 9:45 – 10:15Option 2: 10:30 – 11:00Option 3: 11:15 – 11:45
1:00 – 3:00 Independent Work Time (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) Teachers are available to answer questions
Humanities and Math assignmentsRead assigned chapters in novelRJWReflectionsInstrumental practiceWriting (Portfolio work)Unit Project