ANTIOCH CHARTER ACADEMY II
The mission of the Antioch Charter Academies is to facilitate academic and personal growth of TK‐8th grade students of all socio‐economic levels and ethnic backgrounds. ACA enables 21st century students to become literate, self‐motivated, innovative, lifelong learners, and compassionate, collaborative active citizens. We nurture and support a partnership of students, teachers, families and the community; embrace individual strengths; and build upon research informed educational best practices including Montessori, multiple intelligences, brain‐compatible teaching, and multi‐age groupings with small class sizes
To provide a learning environment where students of all socio‐economic levels and ethnic backgrounds embrace education, exhibit compassion, and accept personal responsibility
April 14, 2020
Welcome back from Spring Break. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves in some way.
This year’s FNB election will be held via Survey Monkey. The electronic ballot will be available from April 20th at 8:15 am through April 24th at 3 pm on the Survey Monkey link. In-person voting can also be done on Friday April 24th from 8:15 to 12 in the office. Look for the Survey Monkey Link in next week’s newsletter and on the ACAII Family News Facebook Group.
It’s that time of year. Attached is the memory book order form. It can be turned in on Friday’s. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Each year, a team of parents publish our school Memory Book. This book commemorates the many activities, trips, and events that our teachers, students, and volunteers have participated in. The book will look very different this year due to the major shift in learning we have all had to make – but the team is still working hard to make it memorable!
COVER DESIGN: Each year, students have the opportunity to submit a design for the Memory Book cover. It’s that time of year! If your child(ren) would like to submit a design, they must be drawn on an 8.5 x 11 unlined paper, portrait style (vertical). Please either scan in the drawing or turn it in on April 17th with their work. Nothing can be accepted after April 17th. Digital drawings are preferred, with the same specifications. Email submissions to email@example.com
8th GRADERS: Ads for Grads will be coming out this week – be looking for that very important opportunity to honor your hard-working graduate!
More info from your Memory Book team will be coming soon!
Help with Stress!
Everyone is working on adjusting to changes forced upon us by COVID19. If you are feeling stressed, check out the helpful resources from CDC.
Friday April 17th is a Drop Off/Pick Up Day!
Staff members will be on campus on Friday April 3rd, between 8:00am and 12:00pm for drop off and pick up of work. Work for the next week will be available for pick up on Friday.
* Completed work can be dropped off to each level. If your student hasn’t finished everything on their contract for the week, it’s ok to turn in whatever they are finished with so that teachers can start tracking their progress.
* Work can also be send to teachers electronically in one email. If you have a scanner at home, work can be scanned and emailed. If you do not have a scanner, your Android or iPhone has scanner capabilities and can turn a picture into a PDF!
* Packets of next week’s work will be available from Primary, Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School .
* If you didn’t pick up a packet last week, but would like to pick one up this week, please email your child’s teacher so that we can make one available!
* Chromebooks can still be picked up (or exchanged if it isn’t working). Please let your teacher know if you need one so that we can have one prepared for you. If your family has siblings and you need an additional chromebook, please let your teacher know.
*You can borrow PE equipment (located next to the office).
*You can borrow classroom library books if your child needs something to read.
Please complete the survey
The teachers are reaching out to check in and gather some information to find out how you are doing, and if there is anything we can do to support you during the school closure.
Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey
Mrs. Vela would like you to see the below attachment from Senator Steve Glazer.
2019/2020 Dates to Remember:
- April 14 Distance Learning Begins Again!
- April 17 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
- April 24 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
- April 24 Family Network Nominations Due for 2020-21
- May 1 Campus open from 8-12pm for supplies pick-up and/or drop-off
2019 / 2020 Faculty
Ms. Peacock- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Hawley- email@example.com
Miss Berkich- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Mariappan- email@example.com
Miss Dubitsky- firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Albertoni- email@example.com
Mrs. Gonzalez- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hagan- email@example.com
Mrs. McCutcheon- firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Ed- SPED@antiochcharteracademy.org
Mrs. Willard- email@example.com
Mrs. Vela- firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-2020 Family Network Board
Chairperson: Annu Fuentes email@example.com
Co-Chairperson: Adriana Solorio firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Sharron Scott email@example.com
Treasurer: Susan Cano firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Brandi Lopez email@example.com
Fundraising Coordinator: Maria Strock firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Fundraising Coordinator: Ashley Rice email@example.com
Social Coordinator: Sara Wall firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Social Coordinator: Jillian Broussard email@example.com
Family Network Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/groups/acaiifamilynews/?ref=bookmarks#
Our Web Page–
Track it Forward- https://www.trackitforward.com/site/antioch-charter-academy-ii
Antioch Charter Academy II
1201 W 10th Street
Antioch, CA 94509