- Wednesday, February 12 – Hot Dog payment with form due by NOON
- Friday, February 14 – Hot Dog Lunch
- Monday-Friday, February 17-21 – February Break NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, February 25 – Antioch Dunes Field Trip
- Friday, March 6 – 2nd Cup, Room 6, after drop off
- Monday-Friday, March 9-13 – Minimum Day dismissal at NOON
Gradelink is the best place to check your student’s progress and performance in middle school. Please login to Gradelink. You can view each class to see what work is missing (noted with MIS) and the scores students receive on graded assignments. Blanks indicate that the teacher has not yet graded an assignment. You can also see upcoming assignments.
Antioch Dunes Field Trip:
Students may get muddy and dirty. DO NOT wear favorite outfits or new shoes. Bring bagged lunch and water.
- Book Talk/Review schedule for trimester #2:
Article of the Week (A.O.W.) (Tuesday):
AOW #10 Japanese Gun Laws
Each week students will receive an article of the week (AOW) to read. Students are required to:
- Read the article
- Discuss the article with one of their parents or guardians (whoever discusses the article should also read it)
- Respond in writing to the questions in the google classroom assignment.
The article for this week can be found here and in the Language Arts google class. It is also attached as a handout.
- Cite two places in your novel where your author “shows not tells.” Underline any sensory details.
2. Rewrite the following sentence into a paragraph where you “show not tell.”
“That night she finished her project.”
Try to write sensory details using all 5 senses (taste, touch, smell, sight, sound) in the paragraph.
Mobymax (10 minutes a day):
Students will login to MobyMax here. They will click on the “Language” button and practice for 30 minutes.
Suggestion for this week: Finish your castle writing piece. Continue work on your Coat of Arms assignment. Make sure to be on the lookout for community service opportunities.
Please see the attached calendars for this week’s classwork, homework, and assessments. Your student will also be given a paper version of the calendar. Or, login to gradelink to see all math assignments.
Science test this week: ecosystems
Want to participate in citizen science? This weekend (the 14th to 17th) take 15 minutes (or more) to count birds in the backyard and report your findings as part of the global Great Backyard Bird Count! Extra credit points for science for participating.
Prepare for final group EcoTour presentation…due the Thursday after break!
***Helpful email addresses
If you need to reach Middle School or any of the teachers, please use the following email addresses:
email@example.com – absence notes, responses to the newsletter, general questions, contacting Mrs. Ave
firstname.lastname@example.org – Mrs. McCutcheon, science or math questions
email@example.com – Mr. Hagan, language arts or social studies questions
School Website: www.AntiochCharterAcademy.org
http://cpm.org – resource pages, tool kits, extra practice and tech resources – Student homework help is available ALSO – Parent resource page has tutorials so you can better help your student!!
learnersdictionary.com – great website for vocabulary
www.khanacademy.org – Search ANY math topic to watch a short video tutorial, practice activities to get better at skills.