- Friday, February 7 – Antioch Dunes Permission Slip Due (permission slip is attached)
- Friday, February 7 – 2nd Cup, Room 6, after drop off
- Friday, February 7 – 1/2 Day Dismissal at NOON
- Monday, February 10 – NO SCHOOL
- Monday-Friday, February 17-21 – February Break NO SCHOOL
Gradelink is the best place to check your student’s progress and performance in middle school. Please login to Gradelink. You can view each class to see what work is missing (noted with MIS) and the scores students receive on graded assignments. Blanks indicate that the teacher has not yet graded an assignment. You can also see upcoming assignments.
Antioch Dunes Field Trip
We need drivers and/or shuttle drivers! Please let us know if you can help. If you plan to drive/shuttle, please have your verification of auto liability insurance $100,000/$300,000 on file in the office and DMV printout of your driving record. If you have any questions, please reply to this email.
Ever wonder what you can do to help your 6th to 8th grade student with math? Do you want to know more about CPM (the math curriculum used in 6th through 8th grade?) This Friday after 2nd cup, Mrs. McCutcheon and Miss Albertoni will be presenting a Parent Education Program about CPM. The presentation will be recorded on Facebook Live, so if you cannot join us in person or on Friday morning, go to the ACA II Family News page on Facebook to watch it.
- Book Talk/Review schedule for trimester #2:
Article of the Week (A.O.W.) (Monday):
AOW #9 Sleep Study
Each week students will receive an article of the week (AOW) to read. Students are required to:
- Read the article
- Discuss the article with one of their parents or guardians (whoever discusses the article should also read it)
- Respond in writing to the questions in the google classroom assignment.
The article for this week can be found here and in the Language Arts google class. It is also attached as a handout.
Social Studies (Tuesday):
Answer the following questions in a Google doc. Make sure to fully explain your thinking.
1. Imagine you traveled to Japan in the A.D. 300’s. Write a note (one paragraph) to a friend back home summarizing what you learned about the Shinto religion.
2. Describe how Buddhism affected the Japanese government and explain why you think it had that effect.
3. Compare and contrast what you know about European knights and Japanese samurai.
Mobymax (10 minutes a day):
Students will login to MobyMax here. They will click on the “Language” button and practice for 40 minutes.
Suggestion for this week: Continue to work on your castle writing piece. Begin work on your Coat of Arms assignment. Make sure to be on the lookout for community service opportunities.
Please see the attached calendars for this week’s classwork, homework, and assessments. Your student will also be given a paper version of the calendar. Or, login to gradelink to see all math assignments.
Ecosystem quiz next week. Study guide attached.
Group Educational Activity Plan for ecotour due February 6th.
***Helpful email addresses
If you need to reach Middle School or any of the teachers, please use the following email addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org – absence notes, responses to the newsletter, general questions, contacting Mrs. Ave
email@example.com – Mrs. McCutcheon, science or math questions
firstname.lastname@example.org – Mr. Hagan, language arts or social studies questions
School Website: www.AntiochCharterAcademy.org
http://cpm.org – resource pages, tool kits, extra practice and tech resources – Student homework help is available ALSO – Parent resource page has tutorials so you can better help your student!!
learnersdictionary.com – great website for vocabulary
www.khanacademy.org – Search ANY math topic to watch a short video tutorial, practice activities to get better at skills.