Our 100th day of school is Monday February 3rd! Please see attached letter of what your student can bring to share with the class.
Monday-Friday, January 27-31 – Spirit Week
Tuesday, January 28th is Silent Auction Meeting at 3:15
Thursday and Friday 30th-31st Minimum Day dismissal out at 12:00
Thursday, January 30 – Instrumental Music Concert 7:00 at John Muir Elementary
February 10th, No school-Teacher work day
February 13th, Valentine’s exchange
Valentine’s Day Exchange-Thursday February 13th
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching! As a reminder, please do not send in goodie bags or edible treats ex: cookies and cupcakes; just bring Valentine’s. Here are the following class numbers:
All Elementary: 63
Mrs. Fank: 20
Ms. Mariappan: 21
Ms. Berkich: 22
*Please note, you do not HAVE to purchase valentine’s for all of Elementary, you may only purchase for your student(s) class.
This week is Spirit Week!
Monday, 1/27 is Pajama and stuffed animal day
Tuesday, 1/28 is Meme Day
Wednesday, 1/29 is Mix-Match Day
Thursday, 1/30 is Video Game Day
Friday 1/31 is Crazy Hair Day
Alliance to Save Energy Contest
Our school has decided to participate in a free energy education program called emPowered Schools, provided by Energy Upgrade California and the Alliance to Save Energy. The aim of emPowered Schools is to educate students, their families, and their communities about what we can all do to help California meet it’s 100% renewable energy target. The program launched this spring in California and the response from students was fantastic. The survey goes till the 29th!
1. At home, use a phone, computer, or tablet and go to euc.empoweredschools.org/
2. In the teacher’s name section use the grade chart to identify which teacher you will select. Elementary parents make sure to make your selection based on your child’s grade not which teacher’s group they are in.
2. Complete questions about lighting, heating, air conditioning, and appliances.
3. If you don’t know the answer to a question, ask a parent or guardian.
4. Gather all members of your family together to review and sign the pledge.
5. Hit submit.
6. If you have children in more than one grade level submit a separate pledge for each child, they can be the exact same answers.
The class with the most will win either a doughnut party or a pizza party. If you have any questions let your teacher know!
Great news! You can now pay for hot lunch on our website! Here is the direct link: https://antiochcharteracademy.
This Week’s Focus
1st Grade-Measurement, Reading comprehension, compound words, graphing, word problems and plural nouns
2nd Grade-Graphing, plurals, word problems, geometry, contractions and plurals
3rd Grade-Area and Perimeter, Measurement, Rounding, Fractions, suffixes, key details and dynamic multiplication
Spelling-Everyone BUT GROUP A and D is skipping Unit 12 and moving up to the next level. Group A and D will move up next week!
A Unit #12 tr
B is now C Unit #1 Suffix-ing
C is now D Unit #1 Suffix-s
D Unit #12 Mixed Review
Science & Cultural
Africa, Mammals and Zoology
Did you know?
Our water cooler is broken, it will be fixed on Thursday. Please be sure to send a full water bottle with your student!