If your student is sick or you are planning a trip, please email as soon as you know at aca2elementary@
Monday-Friday, January 27-31 – Spirit Week
Thursday and Friday 30th-31st Minimum Day dismissal out at 12:00
Thursday, January 30 – Instrumental Music Concert 7:00 at John Muir Elementary
February 10th, No school-Teacher work day
February 13th, Valentines exchange
To celebrate the choice families are able to make in where to have their children attend school, students may choose to dress up for Spirit Week January 27 to 31!
Monday, 1/27 is Pajama and stuffed animal day
Tuesday, 1/28 is Meme Day
Wednesday, 1/29 is Mix-Match Day
Thursday, 1/30 is Video Game Day
Friday 1/31 is Crazy Hair Day
Alliance to Save Energy Contest
Our school has decided to participate in a free energy education program called emPowered Schools, provided by Energy Upgrade California and the Alliance to Save Energy. The aim of emPowered Schools is to educate students, their families, and their communities about what we can all do to help California meet it’s 100% renewable energy target. The program launched this spring in California and the response from students was fantastic. The survey goes till the 29th!
1. At home, use a phone, computer, or tablet and go to euc.empoweredschools.org/
2. In the teacher’s name section use the grade chart to identify which teacher you will select. Elementary parents make sure to make your selection based on your child’s grade not which teacher’s group they are in.
2. Complete questions about lighting, heating, air conditioning, and appliances.
3. If you don’t know the answer to a question, ask a parent or guardian.
4. Gather all members of your family together to review and sign the pledge.
5. Hit submit.
6. If you have children in more than one grade level submit a separate pledge for each child, they can be the exact same answers.
The class with the most will win either a doughnut party or a pizza party. If you have any questions let your teacher know!
It is time to start planning the Walk-a-Thon, which is one of our biggest school fundraisers and a super fun day! The Walk-a-Thon team will be having their first planning meeting after school on Thursday, January 23rd at 3:15 PM at the picnic tables near the primary/elementary playground.Please join us and find out how you can help!
This Week’s Focus
1st Grade-Measurement, Reading comprehension, compound words, 10 more 10 less 1 more 1 less and Fractions
2nd Grade-3 addends, Missing number, Time to 5 minutes and Contractions
3rd Grade-Area and Perimeter, Measurement, Rounding, Fractions and Possessives
A Unit #11 dr, fr
B Unit #11 fszl rule
C Unit #11 Vowel Teams- ai, ea, oe, ow
D Unit #11 Vowel Diphthongs – oi, ou, au
Science & Cultural
Africa, Mammals and Zoology
Did you know?
Every Friday your student(s) teacher emails a progress report on your child’s academics and behavior. Please check your email and spam folder for this is a vital resource to see how your child is doing in the classroom, concepts that were completed, and what needs to be worked on at home.