Pizza forms due Wednesday the 15th by NOON
Monday, Jan. 20th No School
Thursday and Friday 30th-31st Minimum Day dismissal out at 12:00
February 10th, No school-Teacher work day
February 13th, Valentines exchange
Green Hw folders are due Friday. Homework goes home on Friday; it is important that your student brings their green hw folders every Friday. If your student finishes their hw by Wednesday, they may turn in their folders on Thursday.
Progress reports are emailed every Friday. Please check emails from your student(s) teacher for them to see how your student is doing each week. It is a great resource to see what your student needs help on at home and to see their weekly behavior.
This Week’s Focus
1st Grade-Measurement, Reading comprehension and 10 more 10 less
2nd Grade-Main idea, Compare and Contrast, 3 addends, measurement and adjectives
3rd Grade-Area and Perimeter, Measurement, Simile and Metaphor
A Unit #10 br and cr
B Unit #10 ang, ing, ong and ung
C Unit #10 y
D Unit #10 y
Science & Cultural
Africa, Mammals and Zoology
Did you know?
Alliance to Save Energy Contest
Our school has decided to participate in a free energy education program called emPowered Schools, provided by Energy Upgrade California and the Alliance to Save Energy. The aim of emPowered Schools is to educate students, their families, and their communities about what we can all do to help California meet it’s 100% renewable energy target. The program launched this spring in California and the response from students was fantastic.
1. At home, use a phone, computer, or tablet and go to euc.empoweredschools.org/
2. In the teacher’s name section use the grade chart to identify which teacher you will select. Elementary parents make sure to make your selection based on your child’s grade not which teacher’s group they are in.
2. Complete questions about lighting, heating, air conditioning, and appliances.
3. If you don’t know the answer to a question, ask a parent or guardian.
4. Gather all members of your family together to review and sign the pledge.
5. Hit submit.
6. If you have children in more than one grade level submit a separate pledge for each child, they can be the exact same answers.
The class with the most will win either a doughnut party or a pizza party. If you have any questions let your teacher know!