- Tuesday, October 15 – 8th Grade Girls Empowerment Field Trip (9:30 – 1:30)
- Tuesday, October 15 – Make Up Pictures
- Tuesday, October 15 – Pasta Fundraiser Due
- Wednesday, October 16 – DC Field Trip Info night at ACA
- Friday, October 25 – Family Network Board Hot Dog Lunch Fundraiser
- Thursday, October 31 – Minimum Day dismissal at NOON
- Friday, November 1 – Late Start Day, School starts at 9:15am – 2:00pm
During the week we focus on certain assignments on certain days. So I’m adding the focus day to the assignment list below. This way you will know when we are concentrating on a given assignment during the week. I suggest completing that assignment on the day we focus on it. The focus days will be listed (like this) next to each assignment. If you have any questions please let me know. – Mr. Hagan
- second Thursday, third 11/14.
1. Discuss one way that African kingdoms would have developed differently if the Sahara desert did not exist. Explain your answer in detail.
2. Respond to this quote from a West African griot, “I teach kings the history of their ancestors so that the lives of the ancients might serve them as an example.” What is the griot saying about the value of history? Explain.
3. Go to the website below (on google classroom) and research why the city of Timbuktu is considered an endangered site. Cite one piece of information from your research that describes a clear problem that Timbuktu is facing. Why do you think it is important to protect historical sites like Timbuktu? Explain.
***Helpful email addresses
If you need to reach Middle School or any of the teachers, please use the following email addresses:
School Website: www.
https://cpm.org – resource pages, tool kits, extra practice and tech resources – Student homework help is available ALSO – Parent resource page has tutorials so you can better help your student!!
learnersdictionary.com – great website for vocabulary
www.khanacademy.org – Search ANY math topic to watch a short video tutorial, practice activities to get better at skills.