Gradelink is the best place to check your student’s progress and performance in middle school. Please login to Gradelink. You can view each class to see what work is missing (noted with MIS) and the scores students received on graded assignments. Blanks indicate that the teacher has not yet graded an assignment. You can also see upcoming assignments.
- Friday, September 27 – Coastal Clean Up permission slip due (attached)
- Thursday, October 3 – Chabot Field Trip
- Friday, October 4 – Coastal Clean Up 1:00pm – 1:45pm
- Monday – Friday, October 7 – 14 – October Break NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, October 15 – 8th Grade Girls Empowerment Field Trip
HET THEME: Our theme for first trimester is Community. Students have picked projects to help an issue that they care about. One group is going to have a canned food drive, one group is going to make a video to educate people about discrimination, and one group is going to make a video to raise awareness of protecting the environment as they sell products to raise money for Nature Conservatory.
Book Talk/Review schedule:
- second 10/17, third 11/14
Last 2 body paragraphs
Complete rough draft of the 2nd and 3rd body paragraph. The body paragraph should be 5 sentences that follow this format:
See attached help sheets for guidance.
In addition students may want to work on their concluding paragraph if they are already done with their body paragraphs. Conclusions should do the following:
- Stress the importance of the thesis statement,
- Give the essay a sense of completeness, and
- Leave a final impression on the reader.
Article of the Week (A.O.W.):
AOW #6 Video Games and Violence
Each week students will receive an article of the week (AOW) to read. Students are required to:
1. Read the article
2. Discuss the article with one of their parents or guardians (whoever discusses the article should also read it)
3. Respond in writing to the questions in the google classroom assignment. The article for this week can be found here and in the Language Arts google class. It is also attached as a handout.
Students will login to MobyMax here. They will click on the “Language” button and practice for 40 minutes.
Study for chapter test on Ancient Islam. All test questions will come from students notes in addition there will be a test review on Tuesday to help students focus on what they need to study.
Test is Thursday
Please see the attached calendars for this week’s classwork, homework, and assessments. Your student will also be given a paper version of the calendar. Or, login to gradelink to see all math assignments.
Mission to Mars Job Application due Friday
School Website: www.AntiochCharterAcademy.org
https://cpm.org – resource pages, tool kits, extra practice and tech resources – Student homework help is available ALSO – Parent resource page has tutorials so you can better help your student!!
learnersdictionary.com – great website for vocabulary
www.khanacademy.org – Search ANY math topic to watch a short video tutorial, practice activities to get better at skills.