Gradelink is the best place to check your student’s progress and performance in middle school. Please login to Gradelink. You can view each class to see what work is missing (noted with MIS) and the scores students received on graded assignments. Blanks indicate that the teacher has not yet graded an assignment. You can also see upcoming assignments.
- Wednesday – Thursday, September 18 & 19 – Minimum Day Dismissal at NOON
- Wednesday, September 18 – Pizza form with payment due by NOON
- Friday, September 20 – Pizza lunch fundraiser by Middle School
- Friday, September 20 – Chabot permission slip and payment due (permission slip attached)
- Friday, September 27 – 8th Grade GIRLS Empowerment permission slip due (permission slip attached)
HET THEME: Our theme for first trimester is Community. Students have brainstormed issues they care about in their communities. This week, students will choose a way to make an impact on their chosen issue. This will lead to our first SPA (Social Political Action) Project.
Help Needed Grading Math Facts
Mrs. McCutcheon is looking for volunteers to correct a set of math facts weekly at home. Answer keys are provided. Generally, math facts would be sent home with your student on Monday or Tuesday, and Mrs. McCutcheon would like them back by Friday. Please reply to this email if you are able to help.
Book Talk/Review schedule: second 10/17, third 11/14.
Complete rough draft of 1st body paragraph. The body paragraph should be 5 sentences that follow this format:
See attached help sheets for guidance.
Article of the Week (A.O.W.):
AOW #5 Billionaire Advice
Each week students will receive an article of the week (AOW) to read. Students are required to:
1. Read the article
2. Discuss the article with one of their parents or guardians (whoever discusses the article should also read it)
3. Respond in writing to the questions in the google classroom assignment. The article for this week can be found here and in the Language Arts google class. It is also attached as a handout.
Students will login to MobyMax here. They will click on the “Language” button and practice for 40 minutes.
Answer the following questions on Google classroom:
1. Which Muslim contribution do you think had the greatest effect on later civilizations? Why?
2. Identify the three Muslim social groups. What social groups do you think exist in the United States? Explain.
Please see the attached calendars for this week’s classwork, homework, and assessments. Your student will also be given a paper version of the calendar. Or, login to gradelink to see all math assignments.
Moby Max Science… Complete the “What is motion?” lesson and test on Moby Max.
School Website: www.AntiochCharterAcademy.org
https://cpm.org – resource pages, tool kits, extra practice and tech resources – Student homework help is available ALSO – Parent resource page has tutorials so you can better help your student!!
learnersdictionary.com – great website for vocabulary
www.khanacademy.org – Search ANY math topic to watch a short video tutorial, practice activities to get better at skills.