Click the links below to download information about the Middle School classroom:
Middle School Driver/Chaperone Policies
Please read the following guidelines for our study trips.
To make sure our study trips are a great experience for everyone involved, here are some things you need to know before you volunteer to drive/chaperone…
1. Make sure you have a current copy of your insurance on file in the office. We need a new copy at the beginning of each new school year. You cannot drive if we do not have a copy.
2. Make sure your car is gassed up and ready to go before you get to school. Please be aware that when you are a driver for us, we expect you to stay to the itinerary. Do not take side trips to the bank, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc. We try to stay together as much as possible, so there is less of a chance of a “lost car”, causing everyone to wait at the destinations.
3. We want you to enjoy the destination too, but please remember that you are coming on these trips as a chaperone. This means you are responsible for the students. The students you are assigned must stay in the same area you are in at all times, which means you move as a group. Also, if we are staying together as a whole group, please do not take your group away to another area without a teacher’s permission. If at any time you have an issue with a student, please let one of the staff know, so they can help.
4. Sometimes parents like to request which students will ride with them. We appreciate the recommendations, but at the Middle School level the teachers set-up the car groups. Students are also not allowed to switch cars. They must stay with the car group they are assigned to, unless a teacher gives permission to switch.
5. The students have requested that their drivers make sure the music they play on the radio is clean (no foul language).
6. The students are told not to eat in their driver’s car, unless the driver gives permission.
7. Sometimes the places we go have a gift shop. Students are told they are not allowed to go in the gift shops, unless the teachers have given specific permission. We want them to use the short time they have exploring & learning, not shopping.
8. Please remember not to smoke near any of the students – in fact we ask you to refrain from smoking for the entire time we are together. Also, any alcohol intake is prohibited for the entire duration of the trip.
9. Because of cost, parents need to be able to take a minimum of 3 students in their car. If we are going a long distance, we may need to raise the minimum to 4 students.
If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask us.
Middle School Staff