ACA II Middle School Newsletter 4-17-17
ACA II Middle News
- April 17 – Middle School Pizza Fundraiser
- April 18 – 7:00pm at ACA DC trip meeting (packing list, departure and return times, etc… will be shared. Please plan to be there if you are going to DC May 6 – 14)
- April 19 – Job information due Please see attachment
- April 21 – Civic Education Award ceremony 1:20pm in Paradise Skate…all invited!
- April 24 – Mock Interviews 1pm – 2pm
- April 27 – 6 - 7:30 Middle School Open House (walk through any time)
- May 1st, 2nd, 3rd Middle School Internships – middle school students will not be attending school…they will be going to their places of internship. Mr. Hagan and Mrs. McCutcheon will be visiting as many students at their place of internship as possible, so no middle school students should come to campus on May 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Please see attached Internship Letter
Silent Auction Help!
“Calling all Intermediate and Middle School Parents!”
The Silent Auction is quickly approaching and the committee is requesting YOUR help. We would like to make a few raffle baskets and are asking for donations to make a basket from Intermediate and Middle School to represent “Family Fun Night”. Please donate anything that you can that symbolizes family fun night to you: board games, movie tickets, movie night snacks, camping items, restaurant gift cards, etc. Donations are due April 21, 2017. Please provide to your Intermediate or Middle School teachers. Thank you so much for your support and see you May 5th!”
Middle School Students Seek Jobs
Middle school students will be participating in internships on May 1, 2, and 3rd. We are s
eeking out any family members and friends who may be supervisors or in a position to offer “jobs” to ACA II students. What is involved? Reading a student resume, conducting a mock interview, having a student work for a minimum of 4 hours/day on May 1, 2, and 3rd, and filling out a short questionnaire about the ACA II student intern. Please email our aide at acaiimiddle@gmail or add contact information to our spreadsheet at this link People Willing to Host Middle School Intern
if you or if someone you know would be willing to host a student intern.
Be the Change: Vision:
Our third trimester theme is See the Change: Vision. There are two parts to this trimester’s SPA, a career research project and a 3 day internship. This week, students should turn in specific information about their internship: name of business, name of “employer”, address, phone number, dates and times of internship.
Think about the current book you are reading or the last book you finished. Why did the author write book? Is their a message they are trying to share or a lesson they want to teach? Keep in mind there could be multiple reasons an author chose to write a book.
Pick out 2 quotes from the book that back up what you think the authors purpose was. Make sure to explain how each quote supports your reasoning.
Read for 30 minutes each night.
If you have a book completed, do a book talk
****Optional Book Club reading:
See Mr. Hagan on Tuesday for reading assignment.
****Article of the Week (AOW):
AOW #7 North Korea
- Respond (have your parent sign your response paper so I know you discussed the article with them.)
Write or type a response to each of the interview questions below. Responses should be between 2-5 sentences for each question.
1. “Tell me a little about yourself.”
2. “What are your strengths?”
3. “What are your weaknesses?”
4. “Where do you see yourself in five years?”
5. “Are you good at dealing with change?”
6. “Do you work well under pressure?”
7. “How do you make important decisions?”
Please see calendars attached.
Practice your instrument.
The CPM website has resource pages, tool kits, extra practice and tech resources – Student homework help is available ALSO – Parent resource page has tutorials so you can better help your student!!
easybib.org – great website for helping write a bibliography citation in the correct format
- Search ANY math topic to watch a short video tutorial, practice activities to get better at skills.