ACA II Middle School Newsletter 4-3-17
ACA II Middle News
- April 10-14 Spring Break – NO SCHOOL
- April 17 Middle School Pizza Fundraiser Order forms are due Friday April 7
- April 24 – Mock Interviews 1pm – 2pm
- May 1st, 2nd, 3rd Middle School Internships - Please see attached Internship Letter
- Scholastic Book Fair - Elementary need volunteers to help us run the book fair from April 24th-28th. It will be in the music room and open every day during lunch/recess, after school, and Young Author’s night. Volunteers are needed to help during the book fair. If you are available to help, please come to our meeting on Thursday at 3:15 in the Elementary classroom. You can also sign up for volunteer spots at https://volunteer.scholastic.com/#/signup/7hbZ2DaJp
Silent Auction Help!
“Calling all Intermediate and Middle School Parents!”
The Silent Auction is quickly approaching and the committee is requesting YOUR help. We would like to make a few raffle baskets and are asking for donations to make a basket from Intermediate and Middle School to represent “Family Fun Night”. Please donate anything that you can that symbolizes family fun night to you: board games, movie tickets, movie night snacks, camping items, restaurant gift cards, etc. Donations are due April 21, 2017. Please provide to your Intermediate or Middle School teachers. Thank you so much for your support and see you May 5th!”
Middle School Students Seek Jobs
Middle school students will be participating in internships on May 1, 2, and 3rd. We are s
eeking out any family members and friends who may be supervisors or in a position to offer “jobs” to ACA II students. What is involved? Reading a student resume, conducting a mock interview, having a student work for a minimum of 4 hours/day on May 1, 2, and 3rd, and filling out a short questionnaire about the ACA II student intern. Please email our aide at acaiimiddle@gmail or add contact information to our spreadsheet at this link People Willing to Host Middle School Intern
if you or if someone you know would be willing to host a student intern.
Be the Change: Vision:
Our third trimester theme is See the Change: Vision. There are two parts to this trimester’s SPA, a career research project and a 3 day internship. This week, students should have list of people/places of where they would like to intern. After spring break, students will need to have the specific information about their internship ready to give to teachers: name of business, name of “employer”, address, phone number.
No journal this week.
Read for 30 minutes each night.
If you have a book completed, do a book talk
*Students should be finished with around 350 pages at the end of this week to be on track for trimester 3′s book goal. they should continue to read over spring break.*
****Optional Book Club reading:
See Mr. Hagan on Tuesday for reading assignment.
Vocabulary #2 definitions + sentences or pictures
****Article of the Week (AOW):
AOW #6 24hr Doctors
- Respond (have your parent sign your response paper so I know you discussed the article with them.)
Write a resume cover letter. You may use the attached letter frame to guide you, it is also available at www.hagan.pbworks.com
. Your resume cover letter must be typed.
Share your SPA plan with your parents and have them sign it.
Please see calendars attached.
****Science: This week, students will learn to use dial calipers to measure, will make isometric and multiview sketches of a toy puzzle cube, and will redesign the toy to make it more accessible to children with cerebral palsy.
Practice your instrument.
The CPM website has resource pages, tool kits, extra practice and tech resources – Student homework help is available ALSO – Parent resource page has tutorials so you can better help your student!!
easybib.org – great website for helping write a bibliography citation in the correct format
- Search ANY math topic to watch a short video tutorial, practice activities to get better at skills.