ACA Middle School News 3-20-17
ACA Middle News
- Every Day - In class learning & assignments given & due (ask your student to see their planner & discuss due dates)
- Vocabulary Definitions #4 – due on Wed; quiz for #3 & #4 on Friday
- Current Events- Marketing (commercial, flyer, business cards, website) due Thursday
- Writing – Business Plan due Friday
- Daily Journal entries – prompts given in class, make sure up to date
- Math – Excel
- Moby Max Math (online) – Fact Fluency: 20 minutes due Friday; Regular Moby Max: 45 minutes due next Monday
- Math Book/Khan – nightly homework (see pace chart for math level)
- Human Centered Design Project – creating excel sheets for business, creating marketing materials, final prototype finished by Friday; Presentation dates: March 16 & 17
Study Trip: Next Monday, March 27th, we will drive up to U.C. Davis to see a live performance (Diavolo) in the Mondavi Center, then take a guided walking tour of the campus. We will aim to leave the campus at 9AM, and return by 3:15PM. Students & chaperones need to bring a sack lunch. Thank you to Mrs. Haas-Wajdowicz, Mrs. Valdavia, Mrs. Cordova, Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Gates, Mrs. Barnes, Mrs. Preece, Mr. Guevara, & Mrs. Ureno for volunteering to drive/chaperone!!
Surveys: In our quest for growth and improvement in our educational program, we are requesting your help. Today, your middle school student will be bringing home a survey. We are asking you to fill out a survey for each student you have at ACA & return it ASAP. We will be using your responses to help us focus our efforts on improvement for increased student learning.
We have given you examples to help you understand what we are looking for each 8th grade goal. Please read the examples before you rank your student. Some of the examples may happen at school, but some can be seen at home too. Thank you!!!
Donor’s Choose Update… A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has donated to help us get a 3D Printer!!!! Help us make it to the finish line…!!! If you want to give, please go to https://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-bring-my-students-from-2d-to-3d/2471666/?utm_source=dc&utm_medium=project&utm_campaign=facebook&rf=facebook-siteshare-2017-03-project-teacher_4322932&challengeid=20913647
Any amount will help…and on top of supporting the school, you will get to deduct your donation from your taxes!!